Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Memory Jar for Mom

Since Mother's Day is this weekend, I thought I'd share a couple of easy DIY gifts I made for my Mom for past Mother's Day.


This memory jar was easy to make and it was fun for my brother and I to sit with my Mom and re-count some of our fond memories.

To create this gift, my brother and I each wrote about 10 memories of things our Mom did for us or with us from childhood to present day. I also asked Noah a few of his favorite Nana memories. I printed them on plain old white copy paper and cut them a part into strips. I rolled them up and tied mine with pink ribbon, Noah's memories with orange ribbon, and my brother's with purple ribbon so my Mom would know whose memory she was about to read just by looking at the color of the ribbon.

I created a tag explaining what was when the jar and what color each of our memories were tied up with. I put them all in the jar, decorated it with a few stickers, and ribbon.

My Mom loved it!

(Linking to the parties listed in my sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment