Thursday, August 30, 2012

Planning my Mom's Party

In September, my Mom will turn 60! In honor of this momentous occasion, we are throwing her a big 60th birthday bash. Don't worry, she knows about the party, so I'm not ruining any surprises since she does read my blog (hi Momma Bear!) but what she doesn't know about is the decor so I can't tell you about that yet!

Growing up my Mom always threw these really great birthday parties for my brother and I. Now, they weren't the huge crazy parties you see on TV with castle shaped bouncy houses and petting zoos. They were even better though because they were planned with lots of love and DIY details by my Momma. I can remember cute place settings at tables, games outside, fun favors, and awesome handmade cakes. My Momma's cakes are one of my fondest childhood memories. She could come up with anything for the themes we asked for.

So, now, throwing this party for my Mom is so special to me. I'm putting lots of heart into it because it's my little way of saying thank you for years of fun parties and memories to accompany them.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who knows just a little about the decor, I think your Momma Bear will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete