Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thanksgiving Salad

Do you ever crave Thanksgiving in the middle of summer? It's definitely too hot this summer for a turkey dinner and all the fixings but this salad is almost as good. It's one of my favorite summer salad!

Below is what you need for the salad but I'm not giving you any amounts because you can just add more or less of the items you like and don't like.
  • Salad mix
  • Lean Deli Turkey (I have them slice it thick then I just cube it.)
  • Low fat Feta cheese
  • Craisins
  • Pecans or Walnuts (chopped)
  • Croutons
  • Celery
  • Onions
First, I make my own croutons using wheat bread or rolls or whatever I have on hand. I cube the bread, spray with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle on a bit of pepper, garlic salt, and nutmeg. Then I bake them in the oven at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes until they are nice and toasty. 

Add your salad mix to the bottom of the bowl. Chop your celery and onions and add them. Next add your feta, turkey, crasins, and chopped nuts. Throw on your croutons, top with low fat raspberry salad dressing, and you have Thanksgiving in a bowl.

Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment