Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Patriotic Collage


Lately I have seen a lot of mixed media collages like
this one or that one. I love how unique they look and decided I want to give it a try and make a patriotic collage.


Since I was making this as a part of my patriotic decor I decided to use sheet music for the Star Spangled Banner which I found online. I printed it out and then mod podged it to my canvas. I cut letters out of vinyl using my Silhouette machine that said "Land of the free and the brave." 

I adhered them to my canvas and then painted the entire thing blue. I let it dry and then peeled off my vinyl letters. Then I gave the entire thing a couple of coats of Mod Podge. 


I can't say I am in love with it but I don't hate it either. I wanted to give this method of collaging a try and I did. I do think perhaps these type of collages aren't my style but I'm glad I gave it a try.

And I do like it enough to proudly display it above my mantle. 


Especially once I added the red frame! 


(Linking up to the craft parties listed in my sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment