Friday, May 18, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Perspective

It’s Friday – the day where I join other bloggers and take five short minutes to just write from the heart. Five Minute Friday is hosted by Gypsy Mama and this week’s prompt is PERSPECTIVE. 

Sometimes I think a lot in life boils down to your perspective; to how you see your life and your world around you. Your perspective can lead to your happiness or to your unhappiness.

Last Friday night, Noah had a huge autistic meltdown. In the course of this meltdown, a soda was thrown, I was scratched, Noah bit himself, he was crying, and I was near tears myself. I was feeling pretty down. I called my parents and got Noah calmed down, mopped up the spilled soda, and put us both to bed. When I went to bed, I was feeling pretty defeated.

I’ve never been one to let life get the best of me. Sometimes it tries to get the best of me but there are a couple of things that I tell myself in the midst of a storm to try and keep a positive perspective and outlook.

  1. God never gives you more than you can handle. 
  2. You were made for this.
  3. Breathe. 
  4. And tomorrow is a new day. 
Those simple little mantras give me hope which gives me a fresh perspective after a bad day and life is really all about how you see it.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sistah!! Great post! I try to do the same things. (And you were right. You had a GREAT picture to put with this post!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, and you sound like an amazing person that is super strong.
    http://leahjlynn.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete