Friday, March 23, 2012

Five Minute Fridays: Loud

It’s Friday – the day where I join other bloggers and take five short minutes to just write from the heart. Five Minute Friday is hosted by Gypsy Mama and this week’s prompt is LOUD. 


Noah's laugh is loud. And when he smiles, it’s even loud and lights up his entire face.

And when he is vocal? You can bet, it’s usually loud. In the evenings, after his bath, he usually watches a little bit of one of his videos. Sometimes I will be in a different room like the kitchen or taking my own bath and he will loudly call my name. Repeatedly. And usually for no apparent reason. After about 111 times of hearing that sweet voice loudly yell “Momma” (with lots of emphasis on the second syllable) having typically checked at least twice to make sure he is indeed fine and only saying my name to say it, I usually yell back “Whaaaaatttt?” And then he will usually loudly blow me a kiss. Of course, after that kiss, I usually feel like a heel because I have just raised my voice and I waited so long to hear the actual word Momma. (He could/would only call me “Muh” for years.)

But you know what else is loud? My love for him – even when he is saying “Momma” for the 112th time!

Head over to Gypsy Mama to see what others are saying is loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment