Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Tree

I wanted to add something a little different to my Valentine's Day decor this year so I decided to make a little Valentine's tree. 


Let me tell you what I did......


I started off with one of the little trees that the Dollar Tree currently has in their Easter section. I also bought two packages of Valentine's foam stickers at WalMart for 97 cents each. I also used red, pink, and white ribbon which I already had. 


Making the "ornaments" was super complicated. (Picture me saying that dripping with sarcasm.) I simply found two stickers in the package that were alike and peeled off the backing, looped a ribbon and placed it on the back of the sticker, and then stuck the two stickers together. I told ya - super complicated! 


The base of the tree (it was in a pink pot) looked kind of plain. I remembered a little box I had leftover from last year and thought it might work if the pot would fit inside it. It fit perfectly! Then I just added some red paper shreds. 


Love how cute it turned out!

(Linking up to the parties listed in my sidebar)

3 comments:

  1. sweet Coley -

    I use to decorate with the little trees; they are great for all the holidays
    Easter -eggs, bunnie and chickies
    and summer, stars,anything red/white/blue
    halloween, spooky stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I'd love for you to share this at Mix it up Monday:

    http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/02/mix-it-up-monday.html

    I hope to see you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love this!!!!! I am visiting your blog for the 1st time....cute ideas! I hope you stop by to link every week- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/02/link-party-6.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete