Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good Boy Roy T-Shirts

Back in December, my Mom and I each had tables at the annual church craft fair. Across from us were a teenager and his Mom working their own table selling t-shirts. I listened as the Mom told someone about their t-shirt line which is called Good Boy Roy.

Her son, Zack, was the actual creator of the shirts. Zack struggles with OCD, depression, ADHD, anxiety, and Tourettes. Zack enjoyed drawing cartoon characters and drawing was something that always seemed to calm him down. One day his Mom decided to have one of his characters put on a shirt. He loved it as did other people thus beginning their t-shirt line which they named Good Boy Roy.

Zack explains: “The first character that came to life on a shirt was Roy, mom thought we should call him Good Boy Roy. Like me he really is a good boy but sometimes does things he should not do. And that is what I have always said after something happens that I did not mean to happen, I always say "I really am a good boy", so Roy is kind of my alter ego.”  Source 


We purchased the “Christmas Roy” shirt for Noah.

(click photo to see larger view)

I love it – and so does Noah. It looks so teenagerish. But the line is not limited to seasonal shirts. Some of my favorites are God Rocks, Sports Zman, and Bullies Make me Angry. The line isn't just limited to shirts for guys either - there are a few girly versions like Laughing Lizzy.

Of course, I had to ask Zack if he had ever thought of doing a character in a wheelchair. He has and it is in the works. We'll be purchasing that one when it becomes available.

Go to the Good Boy Roy website and check out all of the cool shirts as well as a few other products. You can even sign up for a newsletter to be notified of new releases.

Full Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC regulations): I was not compensated in any way for writing this review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.  I think the shirts rock – it’s that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment