Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Music

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

I think the music has to be one of my favorite things about Christmas. I love singing carols and listening to all the beautiful holiday themed songs so I thought I'd share my top 5 favorite Christmas songs.

In David Letterman top ten fashion, we'll start with number 5 and work our way to number 1!

5. Christmas Eve Sarajevo by Trans Siberian Orchestra - This is a beautiful instrumental arrangement of Christmas music.
4. Carol of the Bells - I love all the different parts going on in this song. I think that it is probably a favorite because of singing it in while in chorus in high school. One year, instead of being on the stage, we sang it accapella standing all spread out around the auditorium and our voices were practically bouncing off the walls and it was simply beautiful.
3. Little Drummer Boy - I just love the beat of this song.
2. O Holy Night - It's just beautiful. I particularly love the Mandisa version which I have linked you too.
1. Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant - I love, love, love this song! Just listen, really listen, to the words. It really makes you think about what Mary went through. And it's just beautiful.

I leave you with Breath of Heaven. Enjoy!


And tell me, what is YOUR favorite Christmas song?

No comments:

Post a Comment