Monday, November 28, 2011

Making Trees with Noahie



Noah's new found love of art is going strong and I'm still loving it too! A couple of weeks ago, we made trees! I found the original idea at Artful Parent and I just adapted it a little bit so that it would work better for Noah's skill level.

Instead of having Noah make the tree himself with masking tape, I made the tree while Noah was sleeping using brown ribbon that I ran through my Xyron to make it sticky. I just stuck it down on cream colored cardstock.

Then when Noah was ready, I gave him the closest colors we had to "fall colors" of his beloved paint markers. (They are still his favorite - and mine too!) He used the paint markers to make "dots" for the leaves. He had a great time doing it and they turned out really cool. I even framed one and put it up with my fall decor which he just thought was the coolest thing ever!

Here's a few pics of Noah making his trees......


Getting ready to paint! 

 Look at that smile!   

Finished paintings!!

Carrying his paint basket back to his room like a good boy!

Linking to Magic Marker Monday at Five Minutes for Special Needs

4 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job on your trees, Noah!!! I can see why your mom wanted to frame one and hang it up. They look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. I love your talented artist! He's like his momma - so talented. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are just wonderful! Tell Noah that his trees are absolutely delightful! (And I wish my kiddos were so cheerful about cleaning up -- great work, Noah! I can't wait to see more of your talented artwork!)

    ~Michelle @ 5MFSN
    http://inthelifeofachild.com

    ReplyDelete