Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Favorites # 5: The One with Canvas Picture Frames

It's time for another Friday Favorites.

Crafting
First up is some of the crafty posts I have seen around the blogosphere in the past couple of weeks. 

I love these canvas picture frames created over at Heck Fridays. They are an inexpensive way to dress up photos and I like the multi textured, multi dimensional look that they have. 
These would make a great gift too for mothers, grandmothers, aunts, friends - anyone really! And you could personalize it even more by adding a quote or captions.







Suzy over at Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom made these bracelets  with popsicle sticks. Can you believe that?!?! Wowzers. I have a love affair with bracelets and these unique bracelets instantly caught my eye. She provides a great step by step tutorial if you want to give these a try.


How sweet is this photo garland that Beth over at I Should be Folding Laundry created for her son's first birthday party? She used photos of her son over the first year of his life and commented that guests loved seeing how much he had grown over the year. I think this would also be sweet for an engagement party featuring photos of the couple over their courtship or with belly shots for a baby shower. Oh the possibilities are endless!

This free printable tag over at Domesticated Lady is adorable for an end of the year teacher gift. Simply add some graham crackers, marshmallows, and a snack size hershey bar to a cello baggie, print the tag, and staple it on and you instantly have a cute, inexpensive, and unforgettable teacher gift. Besides who doesn't love s'mores?


Are you noticing a trend with me featuring something with an owl each time I do a Friday Favorites? I adore all things owlie and while this probably isn't something I'd actually carry,  this adorable owl bag over at Pinkapotamus is certainly adorable!


Home Decor 
Book Shelves
I am so in love with these book shelves (literally) from Real Simple. And honestly, they don't look to difficult to assemble and install. But I'd prime and paint the brackets the same color as the wall so they blend better but still..... LOVE. How cute would these be in an office? 

Recipes
Pineapple Yogurt Dip
Summer is almost upon us, friends, and this pineapple yogurt dip from the Splenda website (I know, not technically a blog) would be great for summer get togethers. Love the idea of serving it in a pineapple too. 

Special Needs
I'm loving this new series that friend and fellow blogger Doni is writing at her blog, Mama Diaries, about her autistic son, Ty. It's very real, transparent, and  may just inspire me to do something similar. 

This is Just Cool
I was browsing a blog I recently found called Holiday Snob when I came up on post for Birthmother's Day with a free printable for Birthmother's Day too. I was pleasantly surprised to see birthmothers being mentioned and remembered on this blog. Holla!


So, what favorite posts did you read this week? 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my popsicle bracelets! I am very excited to be included on your site!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete