Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas in the Kitchen

So, I had to bring a little Christmas into the kitchen. I adore my built in hutch and it just seemed like the perfect place to swap out the traditional decor and add a little bit of festive decor for the holiday season. Aside from one or two things I made, I just worked with things I already had and kept it small. I do have a few plans for little additions for next year. 

Here's how the hutch is normally decorated......


And here's how it looks for Christmas......

I swapped my "S" plate out for this snowflake plate...
It's just a dollar store plate I spray painted blue and glued on a glittery snowflake ornament.

I added my ribbon loopy tree to the hutch. Love that little tree. It's sitting on a little silver tray from the dollar store that I spray painted blue.

I have an ever growing collection of Christmas salt and pepper shakers that I added to the hutch. 



 I set this little salt and pepper set and on the stove.....

 I just love that they sit in the little sleigh.

Last but not least, I put my favorite salt and pepper shakers in the napkin holder on the table. Adorable!

And that's the little bit of Christmas in the kitchen!

Linking up to the following link parties:


1 comment: