Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Thanksgiving Mantel

I finished my Thanksgiving mantel last week but I kept forgetting to take and post pictures! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. 








 Close up of the left side of the mantel which includes the "thankful for" frame and one of the newsprint decorations.


 Close up of the right side of the mantel which includes another of the newsprint decorations and a cornucopia basket filled with leaves and mini pumpkins.

The candle holders you see on either end of the mantel are just cheap candlesticks and candle holders from the Dollar Store. I spray painted the candlesticks brown and then glued the candlestick and the candle holder together and added a bow when dry.
This is the Subway art that is hanging above the mantel. It was super easy to make using a free printable from Just Another Hang Up. I just printed the file on cardstock, cut it out, and then adhered it to an old wooden plaque I had covered with cardstock. 

And that's the Thanksgiving mantel. :)


Linking up to the following link parties:

1 comment:

  1. Your mantle is beautiful. Thank you so much for linking me back to your creation. It's fun to see what other's do with the document!

    ReplyDelete