Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Easy but Cute Teacher Gift Idea

This is an easy little gift idea for your child's teachers. And if your child is like mine and has multiple teachers, you need something that doesn't break the bank and this is inexpensive but cute.


What you'll need:

  • White tin pail (I used the white mini pails you get in the wedding favor section three to a package at the Dollar Tree but I've also seen them at craft stores and WalMart in the wedding favor section.)
  • Red spray paint (I used Krylon cherry red.)
  • Hershey hugs and kisses
  • Clear cellophane bag
  • Ribbon
  • Tag (The tag reads, "Teachers can not live on apples alone - they need hugs and kisses too!) I'm sharing my apple shaped tag here
What you'll do:
1. Spray paint your little pails red. You could skip this step but I think it looks much cuter red. If you left them white, you could always doll them up with some school themed stickers or something. 
2. Fill the pail with the hugs and kisses.
3. Put the pail in the clear cello bag. Tie it closed with some ribbon and add the tag. 

Easy peasy!

Here's a few more pictures..... (I took a side and back view since it's kind of hard to see exactly what it looks like from the front with the tag.) 






Linking up to the following link parties:

16 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I'm a teacher and I'd love to receive something like this. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! I love how simple it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post! I would love for you to come link this up at my Strut Your Stuff Party!
    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/link-party-giveaway-and-another-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Thank you for sharing the file!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a teacher, and I wish I was your child's teacher!! These are super cute! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrads! THis was the most visited link at the Whatever Goes Wednesday party at Somedaycrafts.blogspot.com last week. I am highlighting your post today. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. I am wanting to make these for my son's teachers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gift for a teacher! Thank you for your generosity in sharing your idea and your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Thanks so much for the printable!!

    ReplyDelete