Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Noah's New Room

So many of you have been patiently waiting to see pictures of the rooms in our new house. Finally, a few rooms are almost finished. I have just a small couple of projects left for a couple of these almost finished rooms and I now feel comfortable sharing photos of the "almost finished" rooms.

Let's start with Noah's room. Noah wanted a Clemson (a local college) room and we were more than happy to create a bedroom full of orange and purple for him.

Originally the walls in Noah's room were a beige-ish color but we painted them white. I kind of struggled just painting them white since the other rooms in the house were painted bright colors but I just couldn't see painting the walls Clemson orange or purple and I think with all the accents and furniture it brings enough color in to the white walls.

 (Click on the pictures to see them larger.)

This is the view of Noah's room from the doorway. There was already the one set of blinds in his room but they are an odd size so we have had trouble locating a set for the second window. That is still on my "to do" list for Noah's room. 

This is the view of Noah's room from the corner near the bed. 

Here's a close up of the valances I made for Noah's windows. I sewed these myself (and if you know me you know I don't really have the patience for sewing) so I'm super proud of them.

This is a close up of Noah's nightstand that I painted orange. He added a little decoration of his own by adding the small tiger paw sticker in the corner. That's a touch lamp sitting on the night stand so he can turn it off and on by himself. 

Autographed pictures (that were graciously sent to Noah by the Clemson athletic department during his Scoliosis surgery recovery) adorn one wall in frames that I painted orange and purple. (They don't look that straight in the picture but I promise they are straight!)

Noah's bookcase that I painted purple. 

Noah's football that was autographed by Dabo Swinney the football coach at Clemson (something else he received while in the hospital) sits on the top of his bookcase.

A close up of the "border" 
(These are really just vinyl wall decals that I arranged so that they sorta look like a wall paper border.)

Yep, I even decorated the trash can with the Clemson "C." 

Now you've had a tour of Noah's new room!
Click here to see some pics of Noah enjoying his new room. 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Love the curtains! You did a great job! I'm sure Noah loves it. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE IT! And you SO are the best Super mom in the world :) AWESOME job in the curtains, by the way! lol :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on his room. You must of had fun doing all of that decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is AMAZING!!! I am so impressed... I can't even believe you managed to put together so much Clemson stuff and it doesn't just look like a big orange blob... it still looks gorgeous! I LOVE it! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete