Monday, July 26, 2010

Health Updates and News

I've gotten slack lately but I just haven't been feeling like myself. I've been pretty sick, went to the doctor, got sicker, end up dehydrated, and went back to the doctor. At that point, I'd lost 13 lbs in 12 days and was dehydrated. They think I have a bacteria infection in my blood most likely caught from when Noah was in the hospital. I got new meds and was feeling better then I relapsed again. Went back to the doctor and am on different meds now. I'm feeling a bit better again but am still going to go to a GI so we can get to the bottom of these issues. 


Noah's doing well. He is able to get off the bed by himself again although it does make me a tad nervous again. He is crawling around some too. Still haven't made it into his regular wheelchair yet but we'll try that soon since school is less than a month away! Once the school opens back up, I'm going to call and get their advice on whether or not he should go to school in the reclining wheelchair or his regular wheelchair and a couple of other concerns. Hopefully he'll be up to full days but if not we'll figure something out or if the reclining wheelchair is an issue we'll just drive him to school instead of him riding the bus for a bit. We'll get it all worked out - he is going to be so excited about going back to school! 


And the news..... we found a house!! I'm beyond excited to begin living in our own one story (no more lugging a 60 lb child up and down steps - thank you Lord!!!) house. It's a cute little house in an older neighborhood and as I said no stairs and all hardwood floors - which is going to be awesome for Noah! It's three bedrooms and has a fenced in backyard for Paisley. We get the keys on Thursday! We have some painting (the kitchen is currently bright lime green - I need sunglasses to deal with the brightness!) to do first and once that's all done we'll begin to move our stuff in.

So, if I get quiet again, it's probably because I'm busy fixing up the house or moving. Once we get the house looking like a home, I'll bombard the blog with pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you have been so sick, Coley! But I am thrilled to hear about your new house! I know that is a huge exciting and wonderful thing for your family!

    ReplyDelete