Friday, December 11, 2009

Charlie's School Christmas Play








On Monday I went to Charlie's school with him, his Mom, and his sister to watch his 2nd grade Christmas Play.

Charlie was so excited about the play and kept saying "it's my FIRST play." My favorite part was when he talking about how his teacher was saying that each child is a star in the play and he busts out with "Mo-i is the star of the show." 

(That's Moi said in 2 syllables - funny!)


The play was titled "Elfis (yep, like Elvis) and the Sleigh Riders." The whole thing was like a 50/60's feel complete with dancing and music from that time just made Christmasy. The girls wore poodle skirts but instead of donning poodles on the skirts, each skirt had an appliquéd reindeer. It was really cute. 


Charlie was an elf and had a lot of lines (at least it seemed like a lot of lines for a second grader to me!) and he did great. At the very end, he bowed. He was the ONLY child who bowed. It was adorable. 

Waving Hi to me and his Mom in the 2nd row




Hamming it up "on set" after the show

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Charlie!

    You look fabulous in the Elf hat.

    You're the best,

    ELFIS
    http://www.ElfisLives.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S AWESOME!!! It makes me so happy that you are able to be apart of things like that. And Charlie makes me laugh. What a cutie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Destiny! I do realize that I'm blessed to be able to be a part of his life in the way that I am and believe me, I don't take it for granted! :)

    ReplyDelete