Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s out there but especially to the two important Dad’s in my life!  The first of those being my own Dad……. As a child, I adored him. As a teenager, I loved him but thought he was un-cool and now that I’m a parent I respect him. As a parent, I now get it. I realize that his “un-coolness” when I was a teenager was love. (And he’s probably going to laugh and say “I told you so” when he reads this, but that’s ok.)

Unlike some of my peers, my Dad was always around. He was at every birthday party, dance recital, school function, etc. I realize I’m lucky that I had that as not all of my friends did. 

“Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.” Anonymous

Me and My Daddy  - Dec 1978

“By the time a child realizes her Father was right, she usually has one of her own.” UnknownMe, My Dad, and Noah - Nov. 2001

“A girl’s father is the first man in her life and probably the most influential.” – David Jeremiah 

Me and My Dad - April 2003

Me and My Dad - Dec 2008

♥  

Then there’s my J..... He may not be Noah’s biological Father but he is Noah’s Daddy in every since of the word. He loves Noah as his own and rarely thinks of himself as a “step He's just his Daddy, his best buddy, his role model, his coach, and so much more!  He loves being Noah’s Dad and Noah loves him – you can see their bond and love for one another when they spend time together. It’s pretty apparent that my little guy looks up to his Daddy.
"Blessed indeed is the man who hears a little voice call him Dad.” – Lydia Child J and Noah - April 2003 
“I’m lucky as can be because the World’s greatest Daddy belongs to me.” 
J and Noah - Nov 2008
“The Greatest gift I ever had came from God: I call him Dad.”  
J and Noah - Jan 2009
Happy Father's Day Dad and J! Love you both tons!

1 comment: