Monday, May 18, 2009

The Gift Tea

As many of you know, I belong to a Tea Ministry at my church. Each month, different ladies host a tea with a theme and small decorations. My Mom also belongs to this group and had signed up to host the May tea so of course, I helped.

My Mom came up with the theme of God's Gifts since the "program" portion of the May tea always revolves around the Secret Sipper (think Secret Sister) reveal. She did most of the work for this tea and came up with using simple boxes decorated with ribbons and bows so they look like presents. We added a little tulle to the middle of each table and nestled the gifts in the tulle. Our favors were decorated candy bars. (Decorating candy bars is one of my new fave things to do. Odd I know!) I added a tag with one of my favorite quotes, “What you are is God’s gift to you, What you become is your gift to God." 

I was also very proud of my Momma as she gave an abbreviated version of her testimony which includes some hard things she went through during her life. 

Here are some of the tables set up with the centerpieces........

Here's some of the candy bar favors..............

1 comment: