Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm So Vain

For Christmas one of the things on my list was a tripod. My original reason for asking for a tripod was to be able to take posed pictures of Noah easier. While I prefer candid photos, there are times that I want posed pictures. Studio pictures just never seem to turn out too well with him so I've decided to just take my own from now on and thought a tripod would be helpful in this manner. I did receive a tripod for Christmas. I waited until school started back up to use it and played with it on the first day Noah went back to school. I took some self portraits that day and it was fun! I went to use it again later and it broke!. I think that my camera might have been too heavy for that type of tripod. My parents were nice enough to buy me another one and I got it last week. Since I got it, I have been taking a lot of self portraits and still haven't used it for the purpose I had intended. I didn't realize taking self portraits would end up being so fun! I'm still learning and getting used to using a tripod as well as the timer on my camera that lets me be able to take self portraits. I aspire to take self portraits as creative and good as this gal's. Although, I don't look so hot in this picture, there's still something about it that I like. It feels a smidge self absorbed to take self portraits so I've had that song "You're So Vain" (by Carly Simon) stuck in my head.

Self Portrait - Reading my Bible

You're so vain, You probably think this song is about you. You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you. Don't you? Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment