Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Boy with a Funny Personality

One of my favorite things as a parent is watching my child’s personality shine through. I love the fact that Noah is such an individual with this really cute and goofy personality. Let me share a recent example…… Noah likes fun socks and received multiple pairs of fun socks for Christmas. He received six pairs that are all animal socks, all different animals. The other day we were getting ready to go to my parent’s house and Noah was dressed except for socks. I got the doggie socks and the duck socks and showed both to him and asked him to choose. He chose the ducks so I put them on his feet. I leave the room and come back a few minutes later and he has one of the duck socks off and is trying to get the doggie sock on. So, I ask him if he changed his mind and now wants the doggie socks on and he says yes. I put the dog sock on the now bare foot and then go to take off the duck sock off the other foot when he says no. After a minute I realize that he wants to wear one dog sock and one duck sock. For a moment I begin to try and reason with him, try to tell him that the duck and dog doesn’t match, blah blah blah. Then I give in.   When we get to my parent’s house, my Mom notices the socks and I relay the story and she starts laughing and comments that Noah is marching to the beat of his own drummer. That’s my funny, silly, goofy, lovable little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment